My Life Scripture

Friday, October 9, 2009

5th Email...Spinal Tap Recovery...dated 6/24/08

Dearest Family & Friends,

As promised I wanted to send out an update following my spinal tap. I
wanted to get one out yesterday but was feeling to weak to do much of
anything other than lay flat as ordered by my doctor. (For those of you who
may be receiving this health report for the first time, earlier reports are
below...the list keeps growing!!)

I had the spinal tap around noon yesterday at a local surgical center. I
was very calm and peacefully going into it which I attribute to all of you
who I know where praying...thank you so very much! Dan seemed more nervous
and a little close to tears when he said goodbye to me as I went in to be
prepped. He was incredibly sweet and supportive to me throughout.

My neurologist did a great job. I did ok up until they actually began to
draw the fluid (sorry for those who are squeamish). My breathing immediately
became labored, I broke out into a sweet and became lightheaded and nauseas.
The nurse and doctor worked very hard talking with me to try and keep me
from passing out. At one point he asked me if I wanted him to stop.
Fortunately he finished seconds before I thought I would completely pass
out. Once they laid me back down I began to do better. It was a very
unexpected reaction as I was not nervous at all. It was as if my body just
freaked out and no matter how relaxed I tried to stay it did not want that
test!!

I have been staying at my Mom's since the test. I have had to stay laying
flat and drinking lots of fluids. My back is painful at the sight of the
test but no headaches so far. They say that tomorrow is the day they would
start if they happen. So I appreciate your continued prayer. I am feeling
weak and tired but thankful for this test to be done with and praying for
clear results. It will take about 2-3 weeks before I hear anything.

I am hoping to go home tomorrow afternoon to my own bed for continued rest
as long as I am feeling up to it. My parents are doing a wonderful job
caring for Kai and I. I am so thankful!!

Thank you again for all your prayers and for continuing to pray. Dan and I
truly feel the support coming from all around the world. Will send another
report later in the week to let you know how things are going.

Blessings,
Rebecca Burd

PS. My Mom's 60th birthday party is on Saturday. Ask for your prayers that I
will be well enough to attend!! Thank you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment